Wednesday, November 16, 2011

When I first got into home recording about a decade ago, $20 mics from Radio Shack were good enough for me. In the past couple of years however, I've been a lot more serious about my studio, though I still have a problem with the financial discipline required to obtain sweet new gear.

The other day I was on Kijiji, not looking for a mic at all, but I found 3 of them anyway. A guy who lives about a block from me had 3 Shure mics for sale: SM58 for $60, beta 58 and beta 57, each for $120. I had $120 so I picked the beta 58.

I have to wait a couple weeks to buy a cable, but that's okay. My studio's packed up right now anyway, due to some work being done in the basement. I've heard nothing but good things about these mics and I can't wait to try it.

No comments: