Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stuff happens.

After four weeks of anxious waiting, I finally received my TASCAM 564 Digital Portastudio.  Exciting!!!  But alas, it does not work.  It is an expensive piece of garbage.  Well, the mixer works, but it will not record; the same problem I have with my old TASCAM 244 Portastudio.  Basically I replaced my old junk with newer junk.  Hopefully someone in town can repair the darn thing, as I had big, ambitious plans for that thing.  I want my recordings to sound as good as they can with my low budget, and until it was delivered I had thought the 564 to be my own personal saviour.  Grrrr...

Now, the bright side:  The 564 mixer has a much cleaner sound than the dirty old 244.  Also, I have opened a Paypal dispute which will escalate to a claim if not settled soon.  I want my money back, so maybe I can put it towards a repair job, or different gear, or whatever. 

Perhaps The Anderson Council (The Greatest Band I Have Ever Played In) is destined for low-fi.  If so, I will not stop striving for greatness.

No comments: