Sunday, November 19, 2006


So, that little annoying bit of noise was actually from the LP, and not a computer or tape problem. The more I hear it though, the less I mind it. Anyway, I rereorded Zep III onto a fresh cassette, but this time I used type 2 instead of type 1 tape, just because I prefer the sound quality.
Originally, I was going to do this one album at a time, but I recently decided it would be much more efficient to make a whole bunch of tapes first, and then rip them up after I run out of blanks.
Right now, I'm putting Jim Steinman's album Bad For Good onto tape. He's one of my all-time favourite songwriters. According to Meat Loaf's book To Hell and Back, this was originally supposed to be the follow-up album to Bat out of Hell, but Meat and Jim had a bit of a falling out, and Jim ended up doing all the lead vocals instead. And then, of course, Meat recorded Dead Ringer, another great album of Steinman-penned songs.

No comments: